How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Legal guide for bloggers



To be honest, I did not, and do not intend to, read the rules and regulations.

In the first place, my blogsite is meant for family and friends, and judging from the zero comment most of the time, only those really interested in what I was going to post, would bother to read, let alone comment.

It started when I realized that it is easier for me to post my recollections of my childhood, for instance, so that all my three children get to read them. Like my recent UK visits, which sometimes involved one, two or none of them, anyone not with me then would get to know what happened.

I still remember when Cheng was a few years old, she enjoyed stories about my childhood, and it was especially nice when she requested for a particular one and I had to repeat while she enjoyed listening to it.

In fact, she was the one who reminded me to carry on writing about the UK visits to different places which suddenly put pressure on me to write almost daily. I was supposed to write according to what I remembered, yet my memory was such that for certain days, it was blank. Since I planned it in chronological order, you can imagine how I felt when I had to wait to fill up earlier days first while I had those for later days ready for posting.

Beng who had all the photos to refer to, while I had only certain photos available, sent me a list of corrections to my factual errors! See how it evolved by itself? It was meant to be “censorship by memory” so that what I could remember must be important and pleasant to me and it became a historical account!

In my postings, I tried to ensure names are not mentioned, except well known ones and those whom I think would not mind. Yet, there are some who felt offended and some who wish I would delete postings involving them even though no names were mentioned.

A close friend actually warned me about pictures taken by others, which I had used, in case I am sued for infringing copyrights! Well, as far as I am concerned, the chances of that happening is so remote that I would apologise if and when, necessary. In the first place, some pictures were received from emails being forwarded and I would not know the origin or the person who owns them to enable me to ask for permission first. Anyway, it sure takes the fun out of it!

No comments: