How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Will Cilipadi be squeezed out of Batu Gajah?

Just checked Malaysiakini’s headline, ‘Fong to be squeezed out of Batu Gajah?’ and the time published was 4.04pm. I was wondering if she has read it when she was at DAP’s Pusing ceramah. I read it before I left for Pusing, and I meant to ask her about it. Though the permit for the ceramah was for 7.00pm, I was too early and the boss of the coffee-shop offered me Chinese tea at our usual table.

When I told him about what I read in Malaysiakini, he was surprised and commented that based on his information, it would be a big mistake if Po Kuan were to stand somewhere else as the branch level leaders would be upset as they work because of her.

Anyway, Po Kuan came at around 8.00pm, dressed smartly as a lawyer in white blouse and black skirt. By then, the coffee shop was full of people and a bigger crowd stood outside and across the roads. I was in my usual T-shirt and shorts and yet to have a shower, and suddenly, I felt shy to even walk out to wish her, Gong Xi Fa Cai, let alone ask her about the speculation, which I actually forgot.

Anyway, Po Kuan’s assistant, Ms. Kong took the microphone and introduced a lady speaker. This was followed by Siva Kumar who spoke well in Bahasa Malaysia, and Tamil, for the benefit of some Indians in the audience. Then, Chong Chee Khing, Thomas Su’s assistant took over.

It was BN-bashing in general, and Umno in particular; being the real power responsible for all the major policies which I would add, including the appointment of who shall be Chief Minister of Penang or even who shall be President of MCA or MIC!

The hot topic was how our PM lied about not dissolving Parliament yet, but did it the next day! How could we trust him again, especially with his poor track record in keeping his promises since he took over in 2003 and which gave him a record 90% majority in 2004 General Elections?

Po Kuan touched on security problems, which is the responsibility of the Ministry of Internal Security under, none other than our PM!

I couldn’t believe this coincidence: as I am typing this, some movement in the garden caught my eye and I looked out through our dark-glassed windows. I actually saw a dark figure. To be sure, I put on my glasses and I saw a small sized Indian chap looking back at me between two shrubs inside out garden! I was so shocked that I actually shouted out and he quickly jumped over our low brick fence! Surprisingly, our two dogs did not bark at all! The time was 8.20am! One car was actually parked outside our gate which is unusual as it at the least indicates someone is in. The gall of him! Actually, I think I recognised him as the teenage addict who used to beg from passers-by in town.

I have to stop here. My thoughts about the ceramah just went poof! What is important now is how to improve our security at home?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was talking to Mr Siva who was with a group of Indian supporters in front of the coffe shop that you mentions that Ms Fong will defend the BG seat

KoSong Cafe said...

Thanks Chong for your response to my post. Wish I know who you are as I frequent that coffeeshop - at least once or twice a week, because the 3 of us are normally given discount for the first round and free Chinese tea after that.

I left soon after Po Kuan gave her speech and they began to show video of the eviction of pig farmers in Malacca, I think.

Both Thomas Su and Lim Kit Siang had yet to arrive but I was feeling hungry and needed a shower badly.

Unknown said...

Nice talking to u but i will be leaving on 24Feb back to work in Beijing x im the youngest brother of the Hin Loong coffee shop just opposite that shop x it will be beautiful if we could meet up for a cup of coffee or even chinese tea i brought back ///

KoSong Cafe said...

Thanks for your invitation Chong. If you are in Pusing today, call me at 016-6894749 and we can meet for a cuppa.