How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Monday, December 08, 2008

Growing old is certain but uneven...

According to this story,

Old men may walk slow BUT think F A S T

In Queensland l had owned a large property for several years. I had a dam in one of the lower paddocks where I had planted mango and avocado trees. The dam had been fixed up for swimming when it was built and I also had some picnic tables placed there in the shade of the fruit trees.

One evening I decided to go down to the dam to look it over,as I hadn't been there for a while. I grabbed a ten litre bucket to bring back some fruit. As I neared the dam, I heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As I came closer I saw it was abunch of young women skinny-dipping in my dam. I made the women aware of my presence and they all went to the deep end.

One of the women shouted to me,'We're not coming out until you leave!' I frowned, 'I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of the dam naked.'

Holding the bucket up , 'I'm here to feed the crocodile.'

I would tend to believe ageing, like our memory, is likely to be selective, depending on one's personal likes and dislikes. Someone keen on keeping fit is likely to maintain his fitness while others using their brains are likely to have a keen mind. In the above example, the man must be one who admires girls and he has with him a ready range of excuses, pick-up lines and jokes which he has perfected through years of practice.

Some stuff relating to ageing:

Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of OLD LADIES running around with tattoos? (And RAP music will be the Golden Oldies!);

Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?;

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead; and

I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap.

No comments: