How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Saturday, December 27, 2008

People pleaser struck back...

no, it is not as serious as it sounds.

My ex-classmate since Standard 1 is now back on holiday in Malaysia and I am supposed to meet him before he flies off on Sunday. Because of the many dinners lined up at my end, and his family commitments with in-laws, he has only Dec 23 to 27 to himself. Then I was told he won't be free on Friday because of golf in Malacca, only left with today. It would mean I have to travel to KL and back just to meet him. The fact that he is a frequent traveller between Australia and Malaysia, makes it a bit more routine than someone I have not met for umpteen years. Moreover, able to go to Malacca but cannot come up to Batu Gajah? There is Clearwater Sanctuary Golf Resort which he has yet to try out.

The problem with people living outside KL is that there will be many times they have to visit KL for business or pleasure or because of children's education. Some people living in KL would feel that they meet friends too often because of its central location. So one has to strike a balance too, as to how often can become a pain to friends or especially their spouse!

As I was explaining to my KL friend why I am not making the trip, he sounded annoyed, 'so you are not coming...' to end the conversation. I can imagine his disappointment because there was a long lapse of time between our jamming activities but he should have known I live outside KL. Why not they make it to my place where I have a studio too? I have my other reasons like my dizzy spells and knee problem acting up, but that would sound more like excuses. Like they say, 'the spirit is willing but the flesh...' if I remember the quote well. I have yet to visit my surviving sister (excluding brothers) who in spite of her large family of her own would very much like me to visit her. Sigh. She still manages her floral business near Sg. Buloh so did not have time for visiting others.

My eldest sister who was still alive when I moved to BG for more than 10 years, did not step foot into my house because her children were too busy with their business. She joined tours to visit Ipoh and had lunch in Tg. Tualang but did not inform me. Anyway, it would not be possible for her to break off to meet me but I could have met her in Tg. Tualang if given notice of her trip.

Anyway, due to my mother's influence, on matters of 'pantang' I am apprehensive if I have any doubts about making a trip. It is a quick decision of 'yes' or 'no' and not changing minds and plans. I have to be at peace with myself too even over such simple matter!




No comments: