How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Rainbow and Under the Canopy of Love

I’m now addicted to ‘Under the canopy of Love’ which is being shown on NTV 7 at 11.00pm from Monday to Friday. Impatient people would go straight into buying the DVD if it is available, but I am more for taking it one episode at a time. What’s the hurry?

I was attracted by the tarot card predictions and the destiny of two former schoolmates. The girl was the one who fantasized and actually looked forward to meeting the boy at the bus stand at the end of every school day, and would be terribly disappointed if he wasn’t there.

One day, she cheated in order to treat him and when found out, he admonished her and advised her not to do it again. Soon after, the boy was transferred and she got the impression that he took the blame and was disciplined and she felt guilty for it ever since.

As predicted by a fellow trader at a shopping complex, they met when they accidentally knocked against each other while she was like Alice in Wonderland gazing at the canopy of the complex. With the aid of film wizardry, an image of a white horse was displayed moving across the canopy. But it took many chance meetings before they realised they were schoolmates. At one stage, she was paranoid that he was stalking her!

She was asked to help out at her alma mater for a charity. When the lady told her about an ex-student who gave a talk, she was thrilled that the name was the boy she fantasized before, but then he had just left. She rushed out to the road and was surprised to see him, the supervisor whom she had met ‘accidentally’, was also the guy she had been looking for all these years!

Anyway, while I am in the mood for reminiscing, I wish to show the lyrics of the song I used to serenade to my wife:

Rainbow
by Russ Hamilton

(Intro): Rainbow, rainbow, rainbow

I'm saving my money to buy you a rainbow
A rainbow, to fit on your finger
And after I've gone and bought you the rainbow
I'll go out and I'll buy you the moon

When we go walking side by side in the moonlight
We count the stars as we go strolling by
Maybe one day we'll own those beautiful diamonds
That glisten like the teardrops from your eyes

You know how I feel on a moment like this
When hand in hand when we reminisce
Your eyes seem to glow when you whisper low
I really love you

(Verse 1 again)

[Instrumental Interlude]

And after I've gone and bought you the rainbow
I'll go out and I'll buy you the moon
I'll go out and I'll buy you the moon

(Outro): Rainbow, rainbow, rainbow

I used to strum the tune in the key of ‘C’ but the original is in ‘D’. It was a pity because I would love to strum along with the CD playing but what I can remember by heart are the chords in ‘C’. It is simple to change the chords but to me, it is not the same, not my own version!

Btw, I have yet to get those diamonds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love this drama too. I look forward to watch it each day..=)

Happy New Year 2009 to you & your family!

Cheers, jeannie

KoSong Cafe said...

Hi Jeannie!

Happy New Year to you (and family?) too.

Emotionally, I am more like a woman, too sensitive for a man!

I think the serial appeals to those who have been through the growing pains of puppy love or first love, real or imaginary. thanks for your comments.