How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Monday, December 29, 2008

Unsolicited advice for Raja Petra...

because what is in store for me might be applicable to him, IF he believes in horoscope. Like him, I was born in 1950 in the year of the Tiger and I also share with him, the same zodiac sign, Libra.

I am particular interested in one aspect of the forecast and the following part of the song lyrics of 'You're in my heart' sung by Rod Stewart, comes to mind:

"The big bosomed lady with the dutch accent
Who tried to change my point of view
Her ad lib lines were well rehearsed
But my heart cried out for you"

Personally, if there is a risk of sexual entrapment, it means I have something worth trapping, be it money or person. But the former I have little, while the latter I am over the hill, so what could it be?

A few weeks ago, my good friend sent to me in PDF format, 2009 Forecast for the year of Ox by Ju Xian Guan. To be honest, I have not heard of him and that does not imply he is not famous.

I am more interested in his Zodiac Forecast and being born in the year of the Tiger, I was curious as to what is in store for me next Chinese New Year.

Without going into details, what struck me was the mention of sexual entrapment 3 times which must mean something.

Under Overall Forecast: …"You need to guard yourself against sexual traps and control your alcohol intake.”

Under Relationship:
“Those already married should steer clear from sexual temptation to avoid getting into trouble.”

Under Health:
“No major issue with health but you have to control yourself against sexual traps and alcohol intake.”

If what he states is true, there must be millions of 'Tigers' all over the world, who will be sought out by wily women with ulterior motives. So, Raja Petra, be forewarned.

I cannot help adding, 'tongue in cheek', that I am open to persuasion, if a big bosom lady with a Dutch accent tries to change my point of view!


No comments: