How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

TM's Consumer Service means consumer self-service, ok?

I don't think Telekom Malaysia can survive without monopoly. Its consumer service means no action on their part because the equipment are there and call centre is the answer to all problems, ok? Don't expect staff to lift a finger to help.

What do members of the public expect from Customer Service?
I believe any reasonable person would expect some help by those whether directly or indirectly involved in the front line.

I was asked by a friend running a busy cake shop to check on their complaints to Telekom over a faulty line. I was told to check her house line as well. It seems Telekom checked and said that the fault was with the telephone set. She brought her house set to check, and now both the shop and house phones have the same problem of people on the other line cannot hear them.

I went to the local TM centre, which was on my usual way, to check. To be honest, I was not expecting good service, such was the image of TM. I took a queue number for Customer Service. Seeing that a young Malay lady was free, I asked if she would help to inform about the faulty lines. She directed me to some phones next to a wall directly opposite her to do it myself. I was not pleased and commented, ‘No more personal touch?’

I called 101 as given by the information next to the phone which directed me to press the number of the faulty lines, followed by a response from a lady informing me that it has been reported earlier and that the fault lies with the set which the customer has to take it to the centre. I told them of what happened and insisted that a serviceman be sent to check further.

Then I called again to inform about the house number. I was asked the name of the subscriber which I did not have with me. I told them I am willing to give my name and handphone number but she insisted that she needed to verify the correct name, without which she cannot take down the complaint!

As I was leaving, I saw the staff members were actually listening to my telephone conversation and I left the premises with the comment, “Bagus lah, ini service!” (This is good service!) sarcastically.

Just imagine, a nice big building with pleasant interior, but the service sucks big time. What happened to customer service? Are the employees programmed not to be helpful to customers in need? They are unable to call on behalf of customers who might have problems doing so? Why can’t the call centre accept complaint by another party who is willing to provide his personal details? I feel sorry for those who are hard of hearing or illiterate.

No comments: