How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Monday, June 22, 2009

Which MP owns Lexus 4WD RX350 Reg. No. PFH 8989?

Please own up.

The car, owned by an MP, most probably from Penang, was spotted driving dangerously, travelling south along km 137 of North-South Expressway at roughly 8.30pm last night. It was just before the exit to Bandar Baharu and Selama.

I was with my wife coming back from Penang, following a few cars on the fast of two lanes, overtaking a heavy vehicle when I saw a vehicle changing lane from behind me to the slow lane which I found it odd since we were overtaking at 110km. Why would someone pass me on my left behind a slower vehicle? Suddenly, the idiot driver (not sure if it was the MP himself or his driver) actually overtook me from the left and cut in! My wife got a shock and we were more annoyed having seen the MP insignia on the back bumper. I honked and switched to high beam to show my anger. He was last seen travelling at over 120km per hour.

Then I realised he could be hurrying to reach KL for tomorrow’s Parliament session. But there is no excuse for this kind of dangerous driving. At the moment of writing, I have no idea who is the MP and which party he represents in Parliament, but I would really like to know, and I shall be finding out soon. Whoever he is, if the MP was driving last night, my respect for him dropped a few notches. Even if it was his driver, the MP should have made sure that he drives responsibly bearing in mind the MP badge on the car.

No comments: