How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sacred tears of a woman and secret tears of a child

Sacred Tears of a Woman

A little boy asks his mother: “Why do you cry?”
“Because I am a woman.” she answers.
“I don't understand” he says.
His mother hugs him and says, “and you never will.”

Later, the little boy asks his father: “Why does mommy cry?”
“All women cry for no reason” he says, is all that his father could answer him.

When he became an adult, he asked God: God, why do women cry so easily?”
“When I created woman, she needed to be special.”
“I created her shoulders strong enough to bear the weight of the world...and soft enough to be comfortable.”
“I gave her the strength to give life, the kind that accepts the rejection that often comes from children.”
“I gave her the strength to allow her to go on when everybody else gives up.”
“The kind that takes care of her family, despite illness and fatigue.”
“I gave her the sensitivity to love her children unconditionally, even when they have hurt her deeply.”
“I gave her the strength to endure her husband in his faults...
And to stay at his side without weakening.”
“And finally I gave her tears to shed whenever she needs them to be shed.”
“You see, my son, the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, nor is it in her face or in the way she does her hair.”
“The beauty of a woman resides in her eyes. It is the door to her heart, the door where Love resides...
And it is often through her tears that you see her heart goes by.”

Before anyone asks, I would like to comment that this is just a priest or pastor's version, as I cannot see how anyone could have communicated with Him, unless in a dream and it is believed to be true.

But I would readily agree that women in general are special in their role as mothers in being selfless and unconditional towards their children.

But wait a minute, there are exceptions, ok? I have come across live examples of mothers who are just the opposite of the above description. Like this one for example:

MANY REASONS I OWE MY MOTHER (read secret tears of a child):

My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

My mother taught me RELIGION. "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL .
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

My mother taught me LOGIC. "Because I said so, that's why."

My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me.."

My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

My mother taught me IRONY. "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

My mother taught me about STAMINA.... "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION. "Stop acting like your father!"

My mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION. "Just wait until we get home."

My mother taught me about RECEIVING . "You are going to get it when you get home!"

My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE..
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

My mother taught me ESP. "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

My mother taught me HUMOUR.
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

My mother taught me GENETICS. "You're just like your father."

My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

My mother taught me WISDOM. "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.
Link

No comments: