How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Monday, January 18, 2010

Telekom's tardiness testing my patience...

but helps to confirm the saying, 'Necessity is the mother of invention', just that, instead of invention I learned how to re-connect the wires!

But first, Telekom's outsourcing comes with a price. I am not sure how it works, but when the technician called the second time, I distinctly heard him said, 'contractor saya beri tahu...' To recap, my line was out on Jan. 13 and I called to complain (for...press..., for...press..., etc. etc.). I called again on Jan. 14 and then called again on Jan. 16. That afternoon, a technician called asking me whether the socket 'ada lampu' (has a light) to which I replied no. He mumbled something which gave me the impression he is coming to have a look. Waited in vain.

This afternoon, I took my notebook to a shop to use their line to post 'Hello! Hello!...', followed by a formal complaint online. Later, at 5.38pm the same technician called and seriously asked me for directions to our house. I tried to get the dogs next door but only one got tricked by my biscuits. I cleared the place behind the computer table, have a table lamp ready, as well as a table fan to ensure the technician is comfortable when he comes...if he ever comes! I waited until 9.30pm before I decided to try again to fix it myself. There was no courtesy of calling to say he could not make it!

I remembered we have a telephone socket in our room (unused since 1994!). I took it out to look at how the wiring was connected, but believe me, it was incorrectly done which was the reason why we did not use it since day one!

The telephone socket consists of 4 coloured wires (clockwise it starts with Green, then Yellow, Black and Red). When the black of two incoming wires (the other being red) was disconnected, I assumed it goes with the black on the socket and it did not work. The one in the room was fixed incorrectly as well (just when I need an example!) with the black on green and red on yellow!

Then I realized for the Green and Red wires on the socket, there was an extra groove which was meant for the incoming telephone wires! So I tried fixing the black on to the Green and red on to the Red and immediately, I could hear the much awaited dialling tone!

Now, I have to think of how best to tell off this tardy technician. There was also a lady, calling from a KL number enquiring about the service, so I am going to tell her the true story... that I did it myself, not the technician. Make sure he does not claim credit, or if a contractor's staff, that his company did not claim for this so-called repair work done.
Link

No comments: