How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Syabas to SYABAS...

for being efficient at the time when I am loaded with four months' bill totalling Rm821.45 when the house was vacant, cutting off the water supply at 10.30am this morning Feb 23, when I have just made full payment yesterday using Maybank2u. I was lulled into thinking the last bill dated February 2, stated bill to be paid by March 4.

In my last post relating to Syabas, I complained about their lack of efficiency in not cutting off the water supply after the first month's non-payment which could have saved me hundreds of Ringgit, besides saving precious water.

Imagine my despair when my daughter and I arrived at 4.45pm and I wanted to check the meter reading and discovered the meter missing! Checked the letter box and found a notice informing about the disconnection.

Called the Syabas number provided and was told to fax details of my M2U payments. I offered to read to her the dates and times, amounts, and reference numbers, but was told unacceptable. When told I do not have the fax facility, she said I could email the details from my M2U and if done by 5.00pm, she could relay the message to the re-connection department. Rushed to the Section 14 Maybank branch, was told they closed at 4.30pm, and suggested that I use internet cafe facilities.

Came back, tried using daughter's notebook with existing phone line (thought it was long disconnected), managed to use Wifi on site! Logged into M2U and found my payment details but no feature for emailing it to third party. So it was not true what she said about sending email of M2U payment details. Already too late for reconnection tomorrow. Arranged for plumber to check and assess and if necessary (almost 100%) to fix new pipes tomorrow, but with the disconnection, how to check for leaks?

Syabas SYABAS, to say I am peeved would be an understatement. Regardless of whose fault about the delay in disconnection earlier, it was payment first before you get water, no two ways about it. That's why I hate monopolies in whatever guise and no matter how hard they tried to portray by way of sweet public relations messages.
Link

No comments: