How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yesterday was Just not my day...

it was deja vu, like before, when I was desperately looking for printer to print out a document and my very good friend said his printer was out of order, another close friend said his printer printed out with a dark shade, and my brother's new computer could not accept the old diskette!

This time round, it was lightning and thunderstorm after I missed the 5.00 pm time line to fax details of my M2U payments to Syabas. After dinner, went to sister-in-law's place and after a long chat, found their modem/router appeared to have been put out by the lightning. No connection meant no log-on to M2U. With the benefit of hindsight (like having eyes on my backside), I could have used a pen-drive earlier, or on further hind sight (like having binoculars on my backside), I should have printed my M2U payments at home in BG which would have saved all the trouble (was thinking of 'paperfree' drive and saving expensive ink).

Phoebe must have read about my earlier posting, and she sent text message to advise my daughter to use a software to capture the page in jpg format (if I got it right) but we could not do it - either because we lack the know-how or simply because being a secured site, there are built-in controls to prevent its use. Thanks Phoebe for being so thoughtful.

This morning, after sending my son and friend to Sentral, it was only 7 am, and I called my old friend asking about his printer and believe it or not, it was still out of order! While driving, I remembered my former business partner used to arrive at her office early and called her for help. Well, I got a breakfast treat before accessing my M2U, photocopied it and faxed. Got the fax number from Syabas website but turned out to be wrong one for such re-connection cases. Having been through bad luck, I was wise to leave the printed copy with the office and called to request her staff to fax again. Syabas was efficient in having someone to call back to say they have received the information and arranged for re-connection.

It was such a coincidence that I received an email titled 'Just not my day' with a picture which I am not going to post (of a naked man with his organ snapped, almost cut (as in potong), when he pulled to close the shower door) :

Just Not My Day!
Today, I woke up early as usual. When I was going to have breakfast I slipped on the stairs and got a big whack on my head.

To calm me down, my wife gave me a cup of coffee; I burned my tongue because it was too damn hot.

I put a slice of bread in the toaster and when I went to get it out I got an electric shock that threw me on my ass.

The telephone rang, it was the office telling me that last night the safe was broken into and everything was taken.

I decided this was the right time to take a nice hot shower and meditate to bring down my stress and help me to relax.

That's when it happened...



Link

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the lack of know-how; regardless of the site being secure or not. It's a very handy function, this 'Print Screen'. Should have contacted me. Oh, well. PHBWNG