How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Why I wear my glasses...

Recently, I recognized a former classmate at a PKR open house in BU3, but sad to say, the brief exchange of news led to my knowing about her sister's passing.

Yesterday, during a wedding lunch at the KL Tower, on my way to the restroom, I saw this man with his daughter. Just by looking at him, I said, 'Lip Shien's brother?' and he said he could not recognize me but then remembered later that we met in a bus before. He even asked me, 'Still in BG?' Then he explained that his mother-in-law is a sister of the bride's father! What a small world we live in. He is my best man's brother.

All these chance meetings were made possible because I always wear my glasses in public and could recognize friends when I see them. My wife, on the other hand, wears only her sunglasses when driving. Only recently, she actually had 3 pairs fitted - one for short-sightedness, one for reading and even one multi-focal which she finds uncomfortable. Before I knew about her myopia, I did not know why each time I pointed to her someone and asked whether she knew him or her and most times she would reply in the negative. See the difference?

But then again, because of poor memory, some faces recognized could not be tagged with the right names.

Yesterday was a day to prove my forgetfulness. At 6.45 am a brother came to fetch me. He has poor night vision and being dark at that time, he did not see that I had opened the door. He honked first time, then again and again. In my hurry, I forgot my mobile phone which was being charged. Then at my sister-in-law's place, I changed my clothes to go to Ongs' Clans where they were having some prayers for the ancestors. I lighted some joss sticks and quickly left with my nephew to go to KL Tower. Again, in my hurry, I left my clothes in his van.
Link

1 comment:

Zardoz said...

have a look at this.. funny romantic hakka song: 'Api' used to be the old name for KK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYbFqbNxTOY