How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Sunday, May 09, 2010

More ready to smile with new dentures!


A few years ago, I went to a local Indian lady dentist for a tooth extraction. After it was done, I asked her naively, 'So when can I have denture fixed?'

She replied, 'Are you sure that was the only extraction?' implying that many of my teeth are going to drop one by one very soon.

Later, when discussing with those who knew her, one of them commented that 'You go in young, come out old, because she would recommend extraction in most cases!'

Anyway, since then a number of my teeth dropped but I did not get round to finding out about dentures. Recently, one loose tooth actually came off after I accidentally bit it when chewing food. Then there was another loose one which was waiting for a similar fate.

Yesterday, I accompanied my wife to Selama, Perak to check out this dental technician. He was out for lunch. When I went again, he was outside with some friends. He was quick in his assessment and quoted Rm110 for two teeth (actually the gap was due to one tooth only!) on the lower jaw and Rm80 for the one on the upper jaw. Each mould took less than a minute and I was told the dentures should be ready by 4.30 pm, and any earlier he would contact me.

I still can't get over the fact that my loose tooth actually came off with the mould when he was taking it out of my mouth! He offered to include another false tooth for free! All in, it took about two and a half hours and I am so pleased with the cosmetic part of it! But getting used to having two foreign objects in my mouth will sure take some time, especially when eating.

I have my reasons for going direct to a dental technician instead of a dentist, one of which was the usual phobia since small which was the reason why my teeth were a mess to look at. Each tooth dropped off was actually good news to me because it was leading nearer to my wish to have better looking teeth (even if some are false!), plus the feeling that less teeth mean easier to brush and clean. The straight forward approach by the technician and the fast delivery really made my day!
Link

No comments: