How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Friday, April 01, 2011

Maybank's online trading: new security features...

seem to have a distinct disadvantage...

To register one has to choose an icon from several provided; then one has to choose 3 questions from those provided, as additional security in case the bank need to verify later. So far so good. But I have noticed each time I chose some favourite stocks for easy monitoring, they are not saved for the next time I visited the site. I experienced the following:

1. I opted to register instead of later. I visited the real time site and left. I discovered the next time I visited it, my original lists of favourites were gone. I could use it after registration, for once only. I presumed it was because my lists were under the old system.

2. I logged on another time and saw the icon which I chose for the first time and visited the real time site, and selected my lists of favourite stocks. Again, the next time I visited it, my lists of favourites were gone.

My question: Is the new system supposed to automatically delete such lists upon exit each time?
If so, I am afraid it has become more troublesome instead of being more convenient with new features. I do not understand why the additional security features should affect this part of the system.

Update April 9, 2015:
Must admit the above information had been outdated for some time since I posted. Recently, I used Internet Explorer for Maybank online trading and I could retain my previous list of Favourite stocks for subsequent log-in. 
Link

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also meet same problem as yours.

Anonymous said...

I also meet this problem. Do you have a solution ady?

KoSong Cafe said...

I presume and accept it as Maybank's new feature, to simplify things at their end.

It is a pity because I used to key in at least a full page of 30 items on each favourite.

Anonymous said...

I experienced the same problem. The problem occurred when I started using Windows 8. Initially I could not display the online stock list. It was ok only after I changed to Windows Compatibility Mode. Any solution to the earlier problem on missing favorites stock listing?

KoSong Cafe said...

Sorry, no change. Need to key in fresh list each time I visit.