How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My near death experience or nightmare

I have had recurring nightmares of feeling being dead, yet when I woke up, I was able to wonder why I wasn't dead because I missed something vital to my life. It is difficult to explain because I could not remember what it was but similar to 'not supposed to look and if I do, I will die and yet I looked!'; or 'I had to alternate between two actions, again life threatening, and I missed it!' It was so real that I actually jumped out of bed to make sure I was still alive! Now, 'Dead Man Walking' seems to fit the bill. Could be something troubling my subconscious mind.

So it was, with a surreal state of mind, I had to remind myself that I have promised to go to KLIA on Thursday to fetch my daughter coming back from Norway. Yet, in her email, twice she mentioned Friday without me realizing. It was a good job I am still alert enough to check with her. Sure enough, she had changed the date to a day later and forgot about mentioning it to me. Well, I have had a bad experience before when I actually went to KLIA and waited in vain for Cheng coming back from Holland! She had informed me about having changed the date to a day later, but when I checked the details before I left home, I looked at the old schedule! Just imagine my disappointment and anxiety then.


Link

No comments: