How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Denial, Delusion and MSM Disinformation

When I first read the title, I thought the article was about Malaysia! But I think the 3Ds are relevant to our perception of the present state of our economy too...

'People are in denial or delusional that everything is going to return to normal. I blame this on the MSM and the lack of reporting and disinformation on how bad things really are in the global economy. After one of my stories warning about the coming bad economy (circa early 2008), I was asked off-camera by one of the main CNN anchors if I was ever worried about “causing a panic.” I don’t remember exactly what I said back to him, but it was something like “Telling the truth to the public is always appropriate.” (If you want an example of what I was saying at CNN in March of 2008 before the meltdown, click here.) After the last financial meltdown, people in the MSM sat around and said, “Nobody saw this coming.” I wonder what their excuse will be the next time. '

Comment by In4mayshun:

“Greg,

While I appreciate the time and research you put into the article, I feel it is a little over dramatic. At first you equate the bankruptcy of MF Global to a financial nuclear explosion, and then you reduce it to a canary in a coal mine. Well which one is it? I think this is why so many main stream individuals dismiss alternative media as dooms-dayers, always claiming the sky is falling. To a point this is accurate. Anyone with a brain can see that our financial system is slowly crumbling, but it could take 10-20 years for this thing to play out. Meanwhile, you have everyone with a blog forecasting the next financial apocalypse. Pretty soon, no one takes any forecast seriously.

I’m not trying to criticize, just saying…something to think about.”

Reply:

"I hate to say this, but it is clear to me the world is headed for another economic meltdown. The power players know this and have made many startling and ominous comments, many of which have been quoted on USAWatchdog.com. The only question left is when will the bottom fall out? I do not know how long governments can put this off, but the facts and the numbers speak for themselves. My answer is as follows:

Rest of the article:
http://usawatchdog.com/denial-delusion-and-msm-disinformation/
Link

No comments: