How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

When our mind plays tricks on us

As a result of my recent complaints to TMnet about its internet connection, we received calls from their telemarketers asking us if we wish to upgrade our existing contract with them. Yesterday, my wife received two calls in succession. Immediately after, my sister-in-law called from KL, and my wife thought it was another such call answered, 'Apalah ini...' My sister-in-law thought she was speaking to our maid (actually we don't have any), asked if she could speak to her boss!

Anyway, I realized being old, I could be thinking of one thing while saying something else. It usually causes argument over what had been said. Recently, an older friend had been complaining about food that he had ordered for breakfast. Once, when the bowl of noodles was served, he looked at it and said he didn't order that. Since, I had yet to order, I took it instead, to the relief of the waiter. When the next bowl came, again he said it wasn't what he ordered, but after the waiter had left us. He grumbled, 'How could he make a mistake when I pointed to a picture shown at the stall?'

I had a similar problem too. But this time, it was me who pointed to No.30 (kwayteow fried with venison), a dish I had been ordering in the same restaurant for the past few times I was there. But being new, the waitress must have wrote something else without actually referring to the description in the menu. To me, 'How could they make a mistake when I gave the right number?'

Anyway, the following joke is more about fear and what it does to the mind...

A Skinny little white Irishman goes into an elevator, he looks up and sees this HUGE black guy standing next to him.

The big guy sees the little Irishman staring at him, he looks down and says: '7ft tall, 350pds, 20in penis, 3pds of testicles, Turner Brown.'

The little white Irishman faints and falls to the floor.

The big guy kneels down and brings him to, shaking him.. The big guy says, 'What's wrong with you?'

In a weak voice the little guy says, 'What EXACTLY did you say to me?'

The big dude says, 'I saw your curious look and figured I'd just give you the answers to the questions everyone always asks me...... I'm 7ft tall, I weigh 350pds, I have a 20in penis, my testicles weigh 3pds each and my name is Turner Brown.'

The little white Irishman says: 'Turner Brown?!....Sweet Jesus, I thought you said, 'Turn around!

Link

No comments: