How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Monday, September 03, 2012

KFC Batu Gajah: where is the Original flavour?


I was given some KFC vouchers (2-piece fried chicken with a bun, mashed potato, coleslaw and a drink) by my son, who had earlier placed a big order in a PJ outlet.

My first time experience using the voucher in KFC Batu Gajah was quite pleasant because a nice Indian lady who served, made me feel comfortable. When asked about her comment with another staff member, she said those who were involved in their company's survey used those gift vouchers. So I can imagine they were more conscious of the way they served me. As I was recovering from flu, I asked to exchange the cold Pepsi with hot Milo and was duly granted. I have checked with a friend who had actually been asked to do such a survey, and he said that he had to pay first and claim later... otherwise, the staff would know.

It had been a long while since I last had KFC original recipe... more than a year ago, in Section 14, PJ. I have always ask for OR because of its unique taste, and not because I know the local franchise would prefer customers to order 'hot and spicy' because of its local content and therefore higher profit margin. I can still remember the good taste of OR. But sorry to say, I was really disappointed with the chicken served at the BG outlet. The chicken meat was tough and I could hardly taste the OR flavour when chewing the skin! I spoke to a friend about this and he reckoned that it could have been reheated from unsold pieces which resulted in it being overcooked. I wonder if other customers could taste the difference or whether there were similar comments before.

After a few days, I used another voucher at the same outlet. Again, the taste of OR chicken was not what I had expected. The service was excellent though, except the chicken. I have a couple of vouchers left which I shall be using at a different outlet to check on the OR flavour. Truth be told, the other reason is that I am already too self-conscious of using the free vouchers at the same place!

Update on Sept 9: My friend and I used up the remaining two vouchers at a KFC outlet in Ipoh (opposite The Store). I ate a chicken drumstick and was rather pleased with the meat texture, but with the other piece, it seemed rather overcooked. Both of us agreed that the taste of the Original Recipe was no longer the same, for one reason or other. I venture to say that it could be due to poor quality control:  insufficient OR flour to save cost, it being imported from Franchisor, and therefore expensive as compared with the local Hot & Spicy for instance; poor quality chicken used; poor quality oil; or the fact that the chicken pieces were simply overcooked.
Link

No comments: