How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Monday, December 10, 2012

Snatch robbery: rampant in Malaysia?

Snatch robbers are better known as snatch thieves in Malaysia. I always feel it is a misnomer because thieves steal in stealth whereas snatch robbers rob boldly, often in public, and sometimes causing serious injuries or death to victims. That we have signs warning the public and foreign and local tourists of such people is proof of its common occurrence.




The following is the latest I have received from a friend (there are so many incidents that most people consider such reports as boring) but still necessary to know of new methods being used...

Subject: Scary incident !!

HI,

Just to let you folks know I encountered a scary incident today at entrance to Paradygm Mall in Kelana Jaya ... so warning you to be alert.

I was driving with my friend to Paradygm Mall for lunch. As I was reaching the Mall and entering into the entrance I could see in my mirror a motorcycle with a rider and pillion-rider . It didn't strike me as anything as I thought they're just customers going into the Mall. I stopped my car at the parking meter machine and wind down the window to take the parking ticket. Suddenly a hand came in through the window and grabbed my chain !! My immediate reflex action was to hold on to my chain and wind back my car window... manual window !!! I could see the security guard running over to my car. The thief withdrew his hand from the window .. either 'cos he saw the guard, or he was afraid his hand might be jammed by me winding up the window. My chain was still in my hand but the contents on my chain were missing....  a Buddha pendant, my gold talisman, my Mum's wedding ring and two " R " and " B " gold pendants that the ex-Bell Canada colleagues gave me. I thought the thief got them but luckily the ring and " R " and " B " pendants fell on the floor of the car, and the Buddha pendant and gold talisman were stuck in my bra !! hahahaha.... so I didn't lose anything... just scary and it happened so fast !!!

The incident was caught on CCTV camera. I didn't know until I went over to the Concierge counter to relate to them so they could warn other customers and ask the security guards to be on the lookout !! The Security Manager told me then that they were looking out for me to check if  I lost anything .. and then showed me the incident on the CCTV camera. They tried to look for the criminals but the motorcycle doesn't have a number.
  
 Scary eh ?? Least expected - to be snatched at a parking entrance.!! Those guys probably saw us at traffic lights on the road or something... seeing me wearing a chain and followed my car !! Luckily my handbag was on the floor beside me .in  the car .. beyond reach... and I always locked my car doors.

So, just to alert you ... be careful when you're in a similar situation !!

 Boey.



Link

No comments: