How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Continuing my Maxis Home wifi experience


Just before Chinese New Year, I have guests at home. With 3 additional young adults using smart phones and iPad occasionally, my monthly Maxis quota of 3 GB (1.5 GB peak and 1.5 GB off-peak) was put the test.

Within 48 hours, I got a notice that my quota (1.5 GB) had been used up, and whether I wish to top up. How I wish this happened when I first signed up, because then I was given a 7-day trial period within which I could cancel it with full refund. It is too late now, and no matter how I dislike the package, I have to sit it out for another 10 months! Come to think of it, it is rather unfair for the service provider to lure customers with their attractive sales promotion and bound them for a year. Imagine this multiplied thousands of time!

Fortunately, my house guests were busy during CNY and they left without me having to top up my quota. Now, I am using the service under their 'throttling' speed. I can continue using my still available balance of quota during unearthly hours of 2am to 8 am. I am game for this because I am trying to wean myself off the internet. I can still use their throttled service for checking my emails, Facebook and even online banking!

Conclusion: The basic package based on limited quota is good only for old-timers who use internet in a limited way. No way can it be used to meet the needs of young users.

Link

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAXIS IS ONE BIG con!

Anonymous said...

Awak still boleh batalkan contract tersebut. Apa yang perlu awak buat buat complain kepada maxis kemudian simpan semua rekodnya dan pergi kelaman web SKMM dan buat aduan. Mereka akan terkena nanti. Siapa yang terkena buatlah. Saya pernah buat sebelum ini ke atas sebuah syarikat lain yang menyediakan perkhidmatan yang sama.

Anonymous said...

Awak masih boleh batalkan kontrak tersebut tanpa perlu membayar apa-apa sebaliknya boleh menuntut kembali kerugian kamu. Caranya buat aduan dulu kepada maxis, dan kemudian buat pergi ke laman web SKMM dan isi borang aduan dan laporkan apa yang terjadi disertakan dengan no rekod aduan tersebut. InsyaAllah awak boleh batalkan kontrak tersebut. Ini pengalaman saya, sebelum ini saya telah lakukan kepada sebuah syarikat lain yang memberikan perkhidmatan yang sama. Cubalah. Mari ramai-ramai buat aduan kepada SKMM.