How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Thursday, November 27, 2014

I am caught again by YES

I had to do a double-take because the message was so soon (hardly 2 days) after my new monthly quota (4 GB) started:

'This is a gentle reminder that you have reached 80% of your plan's data quota for the month as of 27-Nov-2014.

Once you reached your monthly allocated data quota, fair usage policy will be enforced and you may experience reduced Internet speed.

To ensure continuous 4G speed, purchase a SuperBooster™ via My Account or Express Payment Portal. To learn more about SuperBooster™, click here.

Should you require any assistance, please contact YesCare.'

Hardly 2 hours later:

'You have reached 100% of your plan's data quota as of 27-Nov-2014. ...'

I honestly thought I got a good deal from YES which package does not split the quota into 'peak' and 'non-peak' hours (like Maxis) and I even got the impression that besides the quota, there is another bigger quota available during non-peak hours (according to a chart used by their dealers) which I cannot find in YES website. I have yet to confirm whether this was an illusion on my part!

Anyway, what could have eaten up my quota so fast: I downloaded 75 pictures which were originally in 2 zipped files but which had been changed to lower resolution, which took only a few minutes using YES normal speed. As a comparison, it took me more than 10 hours to download 1 video file (480 mb) under YES's throttled speed; 6 hours to download a zipped pic file (666 mb) using Unifi in PJ, which I later discovered was due to another submarine cable problem which affected its internet services.

The other likely reason which I expected, was my grandson, on a visit, using the iPad to watch some educational videos on Youtube.

I noticed there is a difference between Maxis and YES when the quota had been used up and speed throttled : the change in Maxis was seamless while that in YES actually caused difficulties in logging on and required a few tries.

Link

No comments: