How should we judge a government?

In Malaysia, if you don't watch television or read newspapers, you are uninformed; but if you do, you are misinformed!

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain

Why we should be against censorship in a court of law: Publicity is the very soul of justice … it keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial. - Jeremy Bentham

"Our government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. " - Ronald Reagan

Government fed by the people

Government fed by the people

Career options

Career options
I suggest government... because nobody has ever been caught.

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?

Corruption so prevalent it affects English language?
Corruption is so prevalent it affects English language?

When there's too much dirt...

When there's too much dirt...
We need better tools... to cover up mega corruptions.

Prevent bullying now!

Prevent bullying now!
If you're not going to speak up, how is the world supposed to know you exist? “Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah.” - Ananta Prameodya Toer (Your intellect may soar to the sky but if you do not write, you will be lost from society and to history.)

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Tomorrow's mission impossible at Ipoh GH

It is almost midnight, and tomorrow is my appointment with surgeon, with specific instruction to provide blood sample, wait for result before seeing the doctor.

From experience, it takes an average 2 hours before I can see the doctor, while it took 3 hours before I could give my blood sample! Unless there is special arrangement for cancer patient to jump the queue, and maybe as suggested by a staff nurse, to take my sample myself to the lab and wait for the result, it is mission impossible. Anyway, I shall see how it turns out very early tomorrow morning.

Update:
I was at the Unit Darah just before 7.30am and it was already in operation, Handed in my surgeon's letter together with a note written by myself  'to provide sample, wait for result before seeing doctor'. The nurse at the counter took out the note without saying a word and gave me a number beginning with 2. Ah, I thought to myself, this is how they differentiate cases like myself. Sure enough within 20 minutes, it was my turn and I did not have to wait to collect the sample pack like those with numbers starting with 1. I remember during my last visit, there were over 100 before me and it took 3 hours before my turn, which explains my worry since 3 weeks ago. I had a short chat with the friendly attendant before I was told to take the sample myself to the lab near the Emergencies, which is only a short walk away. After handing over the sample, the nurse at the counter scanned it and confirmed the results will be known online in an hour and that I need not wait there but wait at SOPD for the doctor to see me. It took less than half an hour to provide the blood sample and I was relieved to hand in my appointment card at 8.00 am, knowing full well there is the usual long wait before I can see the doctor. The queue system starts at 9.00 am and we cannot blame the wait before that on them. The only advantage is to get no.1 or near it in the queue. I got no.4 for that particular room, yet I had to wait until 10.30 am. Then the consultation with a busy surgeon who had to deal with request for advice from medical officers as well, followed by prescription and preparation of a special book for me. By the time I waited and got the drugs, it was already 12.30 pm!
Link

No comments: